If you are feeling unwell, particularly if you have any cough or cold symptoms or fever or have recently returned from overseas or been in close contact with someone who has returned from overseas or a confirmed case of COVID-19, please contact us so that we can arrange for a phone or video consultation or reschedule for a time when you are likely to feel well.
TELEHEALTH SESSIONS AVAILABLE
We understand that some people may be concerned about attending sessions or may at some point in the future have a need to stay home to self-isolate or care for loved ones. If this presents a problem for you, please discuss this with us.
Our focus at mindwise is on your mental wellbeing and we would like to ensure continuity of care for you. If you are unable to attend a session due to any concerns related to COVID-19 please talk to us about your options and whether you are eligible to have your session using telehealth options.
From 13th March the Federal Government released funding of a new Medicare service for vulnerable people or those in home isolation or quarantine to enable them to receive bulk billed telehealth consultations and services. To be eligible to receive this service currently you must meet one of the following criteria:
- diagnosed with COVID-19 virus but not be a patient of a hospital
- have been required to isolate yourself in quarantine
- be more susceptible to the COVID-19 virus being a person who is:
- at least 70 years old; or
- at least 50 years old and is of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent; or
- is pregnant; or
- is a parent of a child under 12 months; or
- is already under treatment for chronic health conditions or is immune compromised
- meet current national triage protocol criteria for suspected COVID-19 infection.
If you have any questions, please discuss this with your psychologist.